As many of you probably know, I had the privileged of getting a beta key this weekend on my personal account from which I can test out the game and learn more about what is coming up. I do not really want to dive into the specifics of the experience in this post, but would rather answer questions that some of you might have about what is available in the beta version of diablo 3.
To start this off, I will give a few details of what I learned which will probably
1. You can only play to level 13 and then you stop leveling
2. You are only playing Act 1 up to a boss called Skeleton King or SK for short
3. Once you kill the skeletal king and level up to 13, there is not much to do except explore the game in more details, farm for items or work on crafting
4. It takes about 1 to 2 hours to go from start to finish with a lvl 1 char and you can probably do Act 1 from start to finish with a level 13 char in about 15 minutes if you run through it.
5. Its almost impossible to die or use up mana
6. The item drops suck once you beat skeleton king and start to SK runs
7. There is a trick to getting yellow / gold rare drops over and over again so you can LEET out your character in a 1 day, but many people do not know about it.
8. The auction house looks promising but there is no search feature which is really frustrating.
9. Most people playing beta are newbies who had it for a few days and some people have been playing for months.
10. The graphic and sound quality is insane compared to D2, even playing on a asus G73 laptop
Ok, so let me know if you guys have any questions about the above observations or if you have any questions that you want me to figure out in game.
Give me the stone, and all is forgiven...
To start off, I have three questions:
(1) Do the NPC speeches differ based on which character you play?
(2) Will it be possible to import beta characters into D3 once the final version of the game is released?
(3) I'm curious about the new shared stash. Is it only accessible through the auction house, or can all your D3 characters access it in-game?
really good questions, thanks
1. No the NPC speeches do not appear to differ based on which character you play. It looks to be the same story line and same audio regardless. I will pay a little more attention to fine detail on my next session. Maybe they might mention class type which they speak, but I never really payed attention to that level of detail. It all seems the same.
2. I highly doubt it, nor would it probably even be worth it. The game is still in beta and people are farming like crazy for the yellow / gold rare items. Even I have over several dozen rare items at this point that I can LEET out my character beyond normal. One guy already had a char with 103% MFing on his lvl 13 barb. It literally only takes about 1 to 2 hours to get to lvl 13 in beta and the item drops are nerffed in favor of new characters to help them evolve faster. So I would see no benefit for blizzard to want to allow people to carry this over, nor would the playing community want these characters carried over. Lastly, its not like you spent hours, days, weeks and months trying to perfect your lvl 13 beta char. I spent only this weekend and I literally cannot do much more, other than look for exploits and make friends at this point.
3. The stash is really nice actually. I am surprised I left that out. No more worrying about trying to transfer items from char to char and losing them. Simply put whatever item you want in the stash, switch char and bam... its right there. You can also access both your stash and your characters items for the auction house, making it easily accessible to selling an item or looking at items on your characters without the use of memory or pads of paper to write down what they all have. The only part that sucks is that you cannot search an item by name to figure out its value or if anyone is selling them. You literally have to page through the items to try and find people selling similar items. There is a filtering function on the AH however its glitchy and usually just ends up showing your everything regardless of what category you are in.
The second cool thing about the stash is that you can pay to have it increased larger. I believe its 2500 to open up 2 additional rows and I think you can do that 5 times. Then you can also buy another stash for 10k gold and then again expand the stash size up to 5 times. I think you can up to 5 additional stashes if memory serves me right.
Let me know if you have any other questions
Give me the stone, and all is forgiven...
Thanks for the detailed answers! It's great to see Blizzard taking such progressive steps with the stash. Hopefully, this will mark the end of mule characters and the like.
As far as it was stated by Blizzard, Bosses will only drop 1 rare and a possible gold and thats it. Any more such runs on those bosses will resort in nothing. As it goes on it also says if you farm an area to much the lucky hood of you finding anything thing good again is slim to none.
So if there is a trick I would love to know it haha.
Jay Wilson has release some information regaurding the game.
Removal of the Mystic artisan
Removal of Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube
You now have to salavge at the black smith.
Changing the skills back to Strength, Dexterity, Intellect, and Vitality.
From these changes and if you haven't got a chance to read what Jay has said, here is a link http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4325...nges-1_19_2012
But from the changes any thought, frustration or joy from this?
Personally I love the skill changes. About the rest of the game I really have no opinion on. Just make the game come out
If It's Free, It's For Me!
Wow, these are pretty huge changes, especially with the Nephalem Cube. I could see why Blizzard would choose to take that path, though, as it would force players to return to town every once in a while.
Keep us neglected non-betaites up to speed on how patch 10 plays out...and thanks for all feedback Baal!
I love the new patches! Finally you ARE able to die, even in normal, altough it's quite hard to :P But I did actually die once on my WD after trying the achie on SK, and was close to dying twice on my HC Barbarian. Really gives you adrenaline rush and I love it!